Great time attending and participating in LOSCON 48 (Los Angeles) over
the weekend! Thanks so much to the volunteers who put it on. The Con was VERY
well organized with an army of support staff to assist. There was a huge track
of programming revolving around science fiction and fantasy, as well as pop
culture, writing, technology, song, dance, costuming, gaming, and more. This
was my first time going, and I was very impressed with the experience.
I sat in on a ton of panels, but only took pics of a few. Besides selling and signing books in the dealer's room, my own speaking schedule was expansive.
* Moderator and fill-in panelist for: “Capturing Fear: How To Write Great
Horror” with Deborah Daughetee and Brian Fitzpatrick.
* Panelist for: “The Dark Side of Fantasy” with Brandie June and Erin Rado, moderated by L. K. (Leanne Kathleen) Ingino.
* Moderator for “The Twilight Zone: A Wondrous Land of Imagination” with panelists Steven Barnes, Lynn Barker, and Denise Dumars
* Panelist for “How to Find and Keep Track of the Publishing Markets” along with James C. Glass, moderated by Kristen Renee Gorlitz.
* Moderator for “How to succeed at NaNoWriMo,” which evolved into more of an interview of NaNoWriMo professional Rebecca Inch-Partridge, who also implemented in-class learning for attendees.
Thanks so much to Nick Smith, Michelle Pincus, Kristen Renee Gorlitz, and all the other committee members and convention volunteers of the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society (LASFS) who made this con a success!
Wendy Van Camp
Moderated by Matthew Arnold Stern
Moderated by Bryant Dillon
J. L. Doty
Moderated by Robert Mitchell Evans