ANNOUNCING: I’m posting all contributors, one-a-day, to reveal the Table of Contents for +Horror Library+ Volume 7, to be published by Dark Moon Books on March 1, 2022!
DAY 18 OF 30: DAVID AFSHARIRAD
18. David Afsharirad presents “just keep walking”
17. William Meikle presents “Gateway to Oblivion”
16. Valya Dudycz Lupescu presents “The Tooth Butcher”
15. Gene O’Neill presents “Ring Rust”
14. H. Pueyo presents “Death Republic”
13. Scotty Milder presents “Giant and Child: A Fugue”
12. Lucy Taylor presents “If You Touch Me, I Can Cry”
11. Terry Dowling presents “The Key to Mabella”
10. Christi Nogle presents “The Apartment”
9. Baba Jide Low presents “Pretties / Serpent”
8. Kristi Petersen Schoonover presents “February Thaw”
7. Bentley Little presents “In the Valley”
6. Rex Burrows presents “Skandalopetra”
5. Alex Woodroe presents “Abandon”
4. Cody Goodfellow presents “Hand of Glory”
3. Natalia Theodoridou presents “The Mouth”
2. Jo Kaplan presents “Her. House.”
1. Michael Harris Cohen presents “Never Better”
In “just keep walking,” a man navigates the mournful landscape of reanimated dead.
how long have i been walking?
seems an eternity.
car in a ditch. miles back. turned over. wrecked. useless. had to leave it.
they heard the crash. came from nowhere. as if born from the damp night air.
seatbelt locked. door stuck. couldn’t get out. thought it was the end.
they pawed at the car. smeared filthy hands across the windshield.
the look in their eyes. familiar. almost human.
they had been. once . . .
—just keep walking by DAVID AFSHARIRAD
ABOUT: DAVID AFSHARIRAD
David Afsharirad is an associate editor at Baen Books. He was series editor of The Year’s Best Military & Adventure SF and the anthology The Chronicles of Davids. His short fiction has appeared in various magazines and anthologies. He lives in Austin, TX with his wife and family.
Publisher’s Page: http://www.darkmoonbooks.com/Horror_Library_7.html
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.