IT’S HERE!!!! Release Day today for one of the most highly anticipated anthologies of my life, A WORLD OF HORROR, which is an anthology of all new dark and speculative fiction stories written by authors from around the world.
Every nation of the globe has unique tales to tell, whispers that settle in through the land, creatures or superstitions that enliven the night, but rarely do readers get to experience such a diversity of these voices in one place as in A World of Horror, the latest anthology book created by award-winning editor Eric J. Guignard, and beautifully illustrated by artist Steve Lines.
Enclosed within these pages are twenty-two all-new dark and speculative fiction stories written by authors from around the world that explore the myths and monsters, fables and fears of their homelands.
• In “The Wife Who Didn’t Eat,” a modest Japanese farmer’s prayer to the gods comes true . . . much to his dismay.
• In “Things I Do For Love,” the intertwined lives in an Indonesian village are upended by as diabolical and otherworldly a device as a simple whisper.
• In “Mutshidzi,” an African teen must raise her brother and run the household after their mother dies. But there is so much to do . . .
• In “Sick Cats in Small Spaces,” a vacationing Australian family come upon a ghost town where the actual ghosts are bottled and kept.
Also encounter the haunting things that stalk those radioactive forests outside Chernobyl in Ukraine; sample the curious dishes one may eat in Canada; beware the veldt monster that mirrors yourself in Uganda; or simply battle mountain trolls alongside Alfred Nobel in Sweden. These stories and more are found within A World of Horror.
Enter and discover, truly, there’s no place on the planet devoid of frights, thrills, and wondrous imagination!
Early Praise for: A World of Horror
“This breath of fresh air for horror readers shows the limitless possibilities of the genre.”
—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“A fresh collection of horror authors exploring monsters and myths from their homelands.”
“Proof that ghosts, goblins, and more are equally terrifying in every corner of the world.”
“This is the book we need right now!”
And including this amazing lineup of authors:
· “Mutshidzi” by Mohale Mashigo (South Africa)
· “One Last Wayang” by L Chan (Singapore)
· “Things I Do for Love” by Nadia Bulkin (Indonesia)
· “On a Wooden Plate, on a Winter’s Night” by David Nickle (Canada)
· “Country Boy” by Billie Sue Mosiman (United States of America)
· “The Wife Who Didn’t Eat” by Thersa Matsuura (Japan)
· “The Disappeared” by Kristine Ong Muslim (Philippines)
· “The Secret Life of the Unclaimed” by Suyi Davies Okungbowa (Nigeria)
· “How Alfred Nobel Got His Mojo” by Johannes Pinter (Sweden)
· “The Nightmare” by Rhea Daniel (India)
· “Obibi” by Dilman Dila (Uganda)
· “Chemirocha” by Charlie Human (South Africa)
· “Sick Cats in Small Spaces” by Kaaron Warren (Australia)
· “Arlecchino” by Carla Negrini (Italy)
· “Warning: Flammable, See Back Label” by Marcia Douglas (Jamaica)
· “Honey” by Valya Dudycz Lupescu (Ukraine)
· “The Man at Table Nine” by Ray Cluley (England)
· “The Mantle of Flesh” by Ashlee Scheuerman (Australia)
· “The Shadows of Saint Urban” by Claudio Foti (Italy)
· “Warashi’s Grip” by Yukimi Ogawa (Japan)
· “The White Monkey” by Carlos Orsi (Brazil)
· “The West Wind” by David McGroarty (Scotland)
And beautifully illustrated by artist Steve Lines!
Editor: Eric J. Guignard
Illustrator: Steve Lines
Number of pages: 332 pgs at 6" x 9" trim
Date of publication: September 10, 2018
13-digit ISBN (hardback): 978-0-9989383-1-8
13-digit ISBN (paperback): 978-0-9989383-1-8
13-digit ISBN (e-book): 978-0-9989383-2-5
Available in HARDBACK, PAPERBACK, or EBOOK, TODAY!
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/World-Horror-Kaaron-Warren/dp/194949103X/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Publisher’s Link: http://www.darkmoonbooks.com/world_of_horror.html
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-world-of-horror-eric-j-guignard/1128916363?ean=9780998938318